- Digital Voice Recorders
- Dictation Management
- Digital Dictation Starter Kits
- Desktop Dictation
- Call-In Dictation
- Handsfree Dictation
- Dictation Foot Pedals
- Dictation Software
- Mobile Dictation Apps
- Cassette Dictation
- Conference Recorders
- Telephone Recorders
- Dictation / Telephone Headsets
- Personal Notetakers
- C-Phones for Dictation
- Dictation Accessories
- Speech Recognition▼
- Shop by Industry▼
Olympus DS3500 Professional Digital Voice Recorder
Amazing Work Efficiency with a Push of a Button.
The new Olympus DS3500 Digital Voice Recorder, a sleek and stylish professional dictation tool is perfect for legal and medical professionals and anyone who values industry-leading features and customizable options with an easy-to-use push-button design. Packed with premium features and intuitive controls, it's easily manageable, secure and absolutely mobile.
The Olympus DS3500, available in an attractive black, incorporates many unique and innovative features, including:
- 2" LCD Screen with multi language support and customizable greeting.
- Improved ease of use with a single, push button control and centralized navigation buttons
- More flexibility with 2 slots for SD/SDHC, microSD memory cards
- Support for DSS/DSS PRO, WAV and MP3 recording formats.
- Enhanced sound fidelity with DSS Pro's Quality Play (QP) and (SP) modes; and improved security with file encryption and device password protection.
The Olympus DS3500 was developed with the protection of confidential and sensitive information in mind. Device password protection and DSS Pro real-time 128- or 256-bit file encryption makes the DS3500 ideal for workplace environments that deal with sensitive information.
Voice Productivity Starts Here
The DS3500’s intuitive push-button controls simplify operation. The device has a large, backlit, easy-to-read LCD screen that reveals file information, recording time and events on the front of the recorder. Centralized navigation buttons enable easy data input and changes of settings. Users new to digital dictation as well as those on the leading edge will appreciate the DS3500’s sophisticated feature set that can be customized to provide a seamless dictation solution suitable to their work environment. It is built to meet the needs of an active professional with robust buttons, USB connector and battery door. Power conservation is also central to the DS3500’s intelligent design, which can record for up to 32 hours.
DS3500 is Versatile
The Olympus DS3500 features two media slots that accept SD/SDHC memory cards up to 32 GB, providing users with media versatility. Three programmable buttons speed up reaction time. With no extraneous buttons, the DS3500 enables users to program the functions they use the most onto three buttons for quick and effortless use.
The DS3500 has an Intelligent Design
The DS3500 uses the quality DS2 sound recording format, and once audio files are stored on the device it can automatically compress or extend the number of files within five folders, up to 200 per folder. Each of the five storage folders is customizable by subject, date or however the user decides. With its three customizable Smart Buttons, the DS3500 can be programmed with personal preferences for quick and easy control of the user’s most-used functions.
DS3500 offers Enhanced Usability
The included user-friendly DSS Player Pro Release 5 software facilitates the archiving, editing and further processing of recordings. USB 2.0 High-Speed delivers fast downloads and uploads of files to and from the DS3500. The verbal comment function allows users to record comments in dictation so a transcriptionist can better translate the authors’ directives or thoughts into their workflow.
Olympus DS3500 offers Superior Sound Quality
The DS3500's redesigned, speech-optimized microphone is independently housed for flawless sound reproduction. It's the only Olympus Professional Dictation device to support DSS/DSS Pro, WAV and MP3 recording formats.
DS3500 Has Longer Battery Life
A Li-ion battery (710mAh), rechargeable through your computer's USB port, allows for up to 26 hours of recording time on a single charge.
LCD with Multiple Language Support
The user can customize the language displayed on the LCD (English, French or Spanish).
Plugs Right Into Speech Recognition
Do you ever dream of talking to your digital recorder and it turning into text? The Olympus DS3500, when combined with Dragon Naturally Speaking, makes this a dream come true. Dictate your notes with or without natural language commands and simply connect your recorder. Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional, Medical or Legal versions will then import your recording and begin to transcribe it automatically. It works like magic!
Other Major Features Include:
- Support for SD/SDHC, microSD memory cards.
- Better sound quality with DSS/DSS PRO, WAV and MP3 recording formats.
- LCD supports and displays multiple languages, including English, French and Spanish.
- Push Button Operation is quiet and easy-to-use, resulting in high performance, comfort, and increased productivity.
- Supports encryption and decryption of dictation files and document files sent over the Internet.
- Up to 32 index marks per file.
- Device lock function with password lets you keep your files safe and secure.
- Durable USB connector and battery door.
- Verbal comment function lets you instantly search and play back verbal comments using DSS Player software.
- Centralized firmware update.
- Three programmable customizable buttons.
- Centralized navigation buttons for easy data input and settings.
- Manager tool for easy setup and customization.
- Olympus DS3500 Digital Voice Recorder
- Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- Instruction Manual
- USB Cable
- Olympus Dictation Management System CD
Olympus DS3500 System Requirements:
Windows 7 Windows 8, 8.1 Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.8 - 10.9
Windows 7 or 8: 1 GHz processor or more
Power PC G3 500 MHz or more/Intel Core Sole/Duo 1.5GHz or more
Windows 7, 8, 8.1: 1 GB or more
512 MB or more
|Video Card and Display||Windows:
800 x 600 pixels or more, 65,536 colors or more (16.77 million colors or more recommended)
1,024 x 768 pixels or more, 32,000 colors or more
|Removable Drive||CD or DVD drive|
|USB Port||At least one free USB port|
|Recording Media||SD/SDHC, microSD Card: 2GB - 32GB|
|Recording Time||QP mode: 77 hours, 40 minutes
SP mode: 159 hours, 5 minutes
|Input Level||-70 dBv|
|LCD||1.7 inch orange LED B/L|
|Folders Messages||5 folders/200 messages per folder|
|Sampling Frequency||QP: 16 khz
SP: 12 kHz
|Overall Frequency Response||QP: 200 - 7,000 Hz
SP: 200 - 5,000 Hz
|Demographic Data Input||Author ID, Work Type, Date/Time, Priority, Index, etc.|
|Practical Maximum Output||250 mW|
|Microphone Jack||3.5mm, impedance 2k Ohm|
|Earphone Jack||3.5mm, impedance 8 Ohm|
|External Power Supply||No|
QP mode: Approximately 24 hours
SP mode: Approximately 32 hours
All modes: Approximately 13 hours
|Size||4.5 x 2 x 0.67 in. (113.5 x 50.0 x 17 mm), without protrusions|
|Weight||3.9 oz (110 g )|
There are no reviews for this product. You could be the first to review!
Review Writing Guidelines
Share your opinion about products you've purchased with others. Write reviews and rate products on a scale from 1 to 5. It's easy and takes only a few minutes.
Focus on the product features and your experience with them. Provide details about why you like or dislike the product.
Things to Avoid:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for public forums
- Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other products, offers or Web sites
- Email addresses, URL's, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
- Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
Customers Also Bought
Olympus DS3500 Digital Voice Recorder
With its clear and simple operation concept, the DS3500 ensures maximum efficiency and productivity. It has a 2" color TFT LCD with 60,000 colors and white LED backlight. Access to all main commands is cleverly positioned on the unit side to allow intuitive operation via push buttons.
In Stock$399.99 USD
- Shipping Weight:
- Recorder Brand:
- Local Availability:
- United States
- Usually Ships:
- Next Business Day
- 30–Day TranscriptionGear.Com Satisfaction Guarantee, 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty on Parts and Labor
- Push Button
- Incremental Rewind:
- Internal Recharge:
- Insert / Overwrite:
- Speech Recognition Ready:
- Demographic Input:
- Supported OS:
- Windows, Macintosh
- Expandable Memory:
- Offload to PC:
Shop with Confidence
Shopping with TranscriptionGear.Com is safe and secure, guaranteed.
All information is encrypted and transmitted without risk using a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.