Competitors are established online retail stores. They are not liquidators, retail stores, wholesalers, auction sites or pre-owned and refurbished merchandise sites.
World Class Technical Support included FREE with every purchase from TranscriptionGear.
Need more help? No problem.
Your authors simply call the idigital toll-free number from anywhere within the continental U.S. and when prompted, enter their unique user ID number using a standard touch-tone telephone. You can optionally prompt the user for dictation identifiers such as Work Type and Subject identifiers which can be used for case number, patient number, or client number identification.
The Author then records their dictation, optionally listening to their recording if they choose, and then hanging up the phone when finished. The idigital system then sends these files in Truespeech WAV format to you to be transcribed. The files can be sent to an email address or an FTP site. The optional 128-bit HIPAA/HITECH Ready encryption feature with idigital is available both via FTP and email.
idigital is available in several different minute plans (see idigital Plans tab above), depending on your needs. If your monthly average dictation time increases or decrease, you can change your minute plan to meet your needs. There are no contracts involved and you many cancel your idigital account at any time. Our idigital Premium plans include features such as your own 800 number, a customizable greeting for your clients when they call the service and customized user IDs.
Once delivered, the files can be played back with our GearPlayer software or any wav player that is Truespeech compatible. Information such as author ID, author name, dictation date/time and the optional Work Type or Subject ID will appear in GearPlayer's pop-out window. GearXport, our automatic file moving software will be used for decryption before playback.
There are three idigital dictation file delivery methods available. Email, FTP and GearFTP.
Those considering the use of idigital for medical dictation have probably heard about HIPAA and the more recent HITECH Act. Protected Health Information (PHI), according to HITECH and HIPAA definitions, should be transfered and stored with encryption. Our entire process with idigital meets the HITECH and HIPAA standards including firewalls and encryption while we store the data as well as training and policies for the people who support you. We do this just in case the data we store qualifies as PHI.
We offer options which will encrypt the data we trasmit to you via FTP/FTPS, email and direct to server connections. We also offer solutions to help you encrypt the data that you store or further transmit to your customers.
Our GearXport software is an automated file transfer and encryption utility offering users the ability to route files automatically by demographic information such as user id or location, but also provides the option of 128-bit encryption for those files containing PHI that need to meet mandatory security guidelines per HIPAA/HITECH. Available in a Personal edition that allows for up to five destinations, or a Professional edition which allows for up to 100 destinations, GearXport can also automate the task of deleting files containing PHI from your network or PC based on timeframe criteria that you set, automating what would otherwise be a time consuming manual task and also minimizing your breach risk.
Note: Decryption of files secured by GearXport requires the use of either a GearXport or GearPlayer installation. Other third party encryption or transcription programs will not be compatible.
Secure file transfer via GearFTP with FTPS transfer enabled will protect your sensitive files containing PHI while in transit. FTPS is an extension of the commonly used File Transfer Protocol (FTP) that adds support for the Transport Layer Security (TLS) and the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) cryptographic protocols mandated by HIPAA/HITECH. Offering a user-friendly interface and variety of storage plans, our FTP servers are located in a state-of-the-art data center ensuring maximum up time and the highest level of security for your files.
Note: Utilizing GearFTP with FTPS transfer enabled meets HIPAA/HITECH guidelines for files in motion; however, additional security via encryption software is highly recommended for your files containing PHI that are at rest and stored either on a network or a local PC.
GearXport and GearFTP
The ideal option for securing your files while in motion and at rest is a combination of GearXport and GearFTP with FTPS transfer enabled. Both your files and the actual transfer process itself are encrypted when these products are used in conjunction. Increase your productivity by automating your file uploads, downloads and transfers while adding the security necessary to meet current HIPAA/HITECH regulations.
The idigital service provides you with a 24 hour, seven days a week, 365 days a year access to advanced digital dictation technology with a toll-free 800 number within the continental United States.
Our digital dictation systems are the latest and best available in the industry. We maintain the ability to accept multiple and simultaneous connections. We record the dictations in a digital format that produces a clear, high quality dictation recording. As with all recording systems, though, the quality and sound levels are entirely dependent upon the recording device, in this case the telephone and the intervening telephone lines. An inferior telephone can have an adverse affect upon the quality of the recording so we recommend that your authors use modern, quality telephones to place their calls.
The PIN number is a unique number assigned to your account. This PIN number is the same for each of your authors. When they dial in to the idigital system they will be prompted first for their ID number and then prompted to enter their PIN number. The PIN system is designed to ensure only your authors are dictating on your account. This has the added benefit of insuring only your authors dictations are routed to you and helps to protect the confidentiality of the report.
Since each account will have a unique PIN number, if your author mistakenly enters an incorrect ID the PIN assures that they can not dictate on a different account. Our system is configured to allow three attempts at entering the correct PIN number before disconnecting the author.
PIN numbers are unique to each account. This means that if you wish to transfer an author from one account to another, the PIN number will change. The author's ID will remain the same but because they are now in a new account, they will have a new PIN number.
Transcriptiongear.com provides the idigital dictation service ("Service") to you under the terms expressed in these terms of service (hereafter the "agreement"). By completing application for idigital service you are accepting the terms of this agreement.
1. idigital Services. By registering with idigital and agreeing to the terms of this Agreement, you are entitled to use the idigital Services including dictation service, file downloading, and other services generally available to idigital users.
2. Eligibility. Our services are not available to temporarily or indefinitely suspended idigital users. You agree that by signing-up for any idigital service you must provide accurate information about yourself and your company if applicable.
3. Modifying Service. You acknowledge that idigital may modify the Service and its contents and functionality at any time without any notice or liability to you, and agree that idigital may amend this Agreement at any time by posting the amended Agreement at www.TranscriptionGear.Com. Your continued access to and use of idigital thereafter will constitute your acceptance of the amended terms of the Agreement. If at any time you do not agree with this Agreement, you agree that your sole remedy and recourse will be to cease access to and use of idigital, and to notify idigital of such fact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Monitoring: idigital does not monitor the content of what you dictate or store on the Service, or any transmissions of such content to third parties to respect your privacy. You are responsible for ensuring that the storage and use of the content in your account does not violate any laws. You represent and warrant that you will not perform any Prohibited Acts, as defined in Section 8 ("Prohibited Acts") of this Agreement.
5. Contacting idigital Users. As a condition of using the idigital Services, you consent to receive communications containing information about the idigital Services from idigital by email or otherwise at the discretion of idigital. idigital may also send you newsletters, emails or other communications including, but not limited to, promotional messages from idigital partners and other content that idigital believes would be of interest to you. You may opt out from receiving, or unsubscribe to these latter communications.
6. Ownership of User Data. You are the sole owner of your user files and/or data ("digital content"), and are hence the sole responsible party for that data. You can request access to your digital content and request that it be removed from our systems. idigital will make all reasonable attempts to comply with these requests.
7. User Privacy. idigital endeavors to keep all user files and stored data private, accessible or viewable only by you, the user, and the persons and or communities to whom you address it, except:
8. Prohibited Acts. The Service may be accessed and used only for lawful purposes. You agree not to transmit, distribute, or store any information, data or other material in violation of any applicable law, regulation, ordinance or other rule imposed by any local, state, or federal governmental authority, or any foreign governmental authority. You represent and warrant that any materials that you dictate, upload, transmit, store, download, access or copy to or from the idigital system:
If you engage in any Prohibited Act, you agree to indemnify idigital as set forth in this Agreement.
9. Account Security and Accurate Information. You agree that you are the only person responsible for the security of your password and account and idigital is not responsible to you or to others. You agree to notify idigital in the event that your information changes, including but not limited to your email address so that idigital may contact you.
10. Advertisements. idigital assumes no liability for statements made in advertisements in idigital, or any actions, which are taken or not taken as a result of those advertisements.
11. Warranties. IDIGITAL IS PROVIDING THE SERVICE ON AN "AS IS" AND "WHERE IS" BASIS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE RISK THAT YOUR DATA WILL BE LOST, DESTROYED, DELETED, NOT FORWARDED OR NOT RETRIEVED, OR THAT THE IDIGITAL SERVICE WILL BE INACCESSIBLE FROM TIME TO TIME, OR THAT USE OF THE SERVICE WILL EXPOSE YOU TO DAMAGE TO FILES, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, CAUSED BY ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE OR A COMPUTER VIRUS, WORM, TROJAN HORSE, OR OTHER OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE WITH FILES OR EQUIPMENT. IF IN YOUR JURISDICTION DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES ARE NOT ALLOWED, THEN THIS EXCLUSION SHALL APPLY TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW AS SO ALLOWED.
12. Consequential Damages. IDIGITAL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE OR ITS CONTENTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL IDIGITAL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, EXTRAORDINARY, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) ARISING, WHETHER FOR BREACH OR IN TORT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF IDIGITAL HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. IDIGITAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR FILES RESIDING ON IDIGITAL EQUIPMENT. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK OF LOSS OF SUCH DATA AND YOU EXPLICITLY RELIEVE IDIGITAL OF ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUCH DATA LOSS. YOU HOLD IDIGITAL HARMLESS FROM ANY LOSS OF DATA ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF IDIGITAL AND/OR ITS SERVICES, INCLUDING USE OF SOFTWARE PROVIDED BY IDIGITAL. IDIGITAL STRONGLY ADVISES ALL OF ITS CLIENTS AND CUSTOMERS TO BACK UP THEIR LOCAL DATA ON A REGULAR, IF NOT FREQUENT, BASIS. DUE TO THE PUBLIC NATURE OF THE INTERNET, ALL ELECTRONIC MAIL IS CONSIDERED PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION SHOULD BE TREATED CAREFULLY. CONTENT AND INFORMATION STORED AND TRANSMITTED BY SECURE MEANS (HILGREAVE HYPERSEND) SHALL BE GOVERENED BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BY HILGRAEVE IN THEIR CONDITIONS OF USE STATEMENTS.
BECAUSE IDIGITAL DOES NOT CONTROL THE CONTENT OF SUCH TRANSMISSION, YOU RELEASE IDIGITAL (AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND EMPLOYEES) FROM CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE § 1542, WHICH SAYS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
13. Indemnification. Because you are responsible for your account access, transmissions and all your other actions and the actions of anyone using your password via the Service and their consequences, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold idigital, its officers, directors, employees representatives, successors and assigns from any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees which shall include a reasonable allocation for in-house counsel fees) incurred by them as a result of any breach or allegation which, if true, would constitute a breach of any of your obligations or warranties hereunder, or any infringement of any intellectual property rights of any third party.
14. Limit of Liability. IDIGITAL'S LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU PAID TO IDIGITAL IN THE 2 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, OR (B) THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($300), WHICHEVER IS HIGHER. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. Termination of Your Account. idigital reserves the right to change or discontinue the Service at any time with or without cause by providing to you fourteen (14) days notice; except in the case of a violation this Agreement, in which case idigital shall have the right to immediately terminate your access and/or account. Such notice may be given by email or otherwise at idigital's discretion. If you do not access your account for a period of one hundred twenty (120) days or more, idigital may (in its own discretion) remove and/or purge your data and account from the system. At its own discretion, idigital may make at least two attempts, at least fifteen (15) days prior to deletion to alert you of the pending deletion via your provided email address. You agree and acknowledge that no other notification is necessary and that email provides an entirely adequate, sufficient, and complete means by which notice may be given to you by idigital. If you do not respond to idigital, idigital will deem the account abandoned and your data may be immediately purged from the system. idigital advises you to please keep your account and contact data current in use or they will be purged. Any deleted data shall be deemed unrecoverable, and idigital shall incur no liability of any kind for any data lost by user or deleted by idigital due to inactivity in the account. Idigital shall be in no way liable for any damage which result from our decisions regarding continuing, changing, or discontinuing this service, including if you do not provide idigital with a current email address to provide notice to you. Further, idigital shall not be liable for forwarding or retrieving documents.
16. General Provisions. The parties are independent contractors, and no partnership, agency or other joint venture is created or may be inferred from this Agreement. Neither party has any right to bind the other party without its prior written consent. You have no right to assign your rights or delegate your duties under this Agreement without idigital's prior written consent. idigital will not be liable for any failure to perform any obligation under this Agreement which is due to circumstances beyond idigital's reasonable control, including without limitation fire, flood, Internet or other telecommunications outages, earthquakes or analogous catastrophes, whether natural or otherwise. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state and Federal courts in Ohio and agree to waive any objection to venue in such courts. This agreement is governed by Ohio law (without regard to conflicts of law), and this electronic document may be submitted as evidence of the parties' intentions and obligations in any dispute resolution process. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek interim or injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction to protect its intellectual property. The prevailing party in any legal proceeding will be entitled to recover any and all legal fees and related expenses of any nature. If any part of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Agreement will continue in force, and will be construed as nearly as possible to reflect the original intent of the parties. The following sections will remain in full force and effect after any termination of this Agreement with respect to you: 6, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, AND 16. No waiver will be valid unless in writing and signed by both parties. This is the entire agreement between you and idigital on the subject of your use of the Service, and supersedes all prior or collateral agreements, negotiations or understandings, if any.