- Digital Voice Recorders
- Dictation Management
- Digital Dictation Starter Kits
- Desktop Dictation
- Call-In Dictation
- Handsfree Dictation
- Dictation Foot Pedals
- Dictation Software
- Mobile Dictation Apps
- Cassette Dictation
- Conference Recorders
- Telephone Recorders
- Dictation / Telephone Headsets
- Personal Notetakers
- C-Phones for Dictation
- Dictation Accessories
- Speech Recognition▼
- Shop by Industry▼
Decoupled Studio-Quality Microphone for Precise Recording
The free-floating microphone is decoupled from the device's housing, which guarantees that almost no background, touch, click, air or structure-borne noise is recorded. This technique is derived from studio microphones to make sure there are no sound distortions whatsoever and to guarantee outstanding speech recognition results.
Microphone Grille with Optimized Structure for Crystal Clear Sound
The metal grille comes with specially designed hexagonal openings which allow three times more sound to reach the microphone than its predecessor, engineered to provide crystal clear recordings.
Integrated Pop Filter for Perfect Recording Quality
Fleece inserted above and below the microphone capsule filters out sound distortions such as pop and hiss noise, guaranteeing perfect results even if dictating closely into the microphone.
Large Speaker Area for Premium Playback
The SpeechMike Premium Touch is equipped with an extra-large speaker, enabling it to not only record but also play back recordings in clear and crisp quality.
Ergonomically Shaped for Perfect Fit in the Hand
The device is designed to fit perfectly into the hand and reduce unintentional pressing of buttons. The trigger and the 'command' button on the back of the device are engineered to be in easy reach for the fingers.
Wear-Free Slide Switch or Push Buttons for Comfortable Operation
The SpeechMike Premium Touch comes with a slide-switch or a push-button operation. The slide switch is wear-free and ergonomically shaped with a softly ribbed surface for smooth tactile feedback and comfortable and intuitive utilization. In addition, our engineers implemented a millionfold proven contactless slider detection, making it completely wear-free for an extra-long lifetime.
Integrated Motion Sensor Mutes Microphone When Not In Use
Being on the cutting edge of technology, the SpeechMike Premium Touch comes with an integrated motion sensor, making it the first stationary dictation device that can be controlled by the movement of your hand. It detects when it's put on the table, mutes the microphone, and once it is being picked up again it unmutes the microphone. In addition to that, custom events can be programmed, e.g., to pause and to continue the recording.
Touch Sensor for Integrated Mouse Function
The device comes with a touch sensor. This allows the user to easily control and navigate within applications while recording, without having to switch between the mouse and microphone.
Antimicrobial Housing and Buttons for Hygienic Working
The housing and the buttons of the SpeechMike Premium Touch are made of antimicrobial synthetics that work against a wide range of different microorganisms such as bacteria (e.g. pneumococcal bacilli and multiresistant microorganisms such as MRSA), viruses (e.g. HIV, influenza, etc.), fungi (e.g. Aspergillus niger), or algae. The polished, high quality pearl metal surface also makes the device non-sensitive to touch noises and fingerprints.
Barcode Scanner for Streamlined Documentation
The SpeechMike Premium Touch is also available with an integrated barcode scanner to link client or patient data to a recorded file simply by scanning a barcode. The scanned information is automatically attached to the dictation file, streamlining the documentation process. All identifying information is entered accurately, increasing security and potential for cost savings.
Freely Configurable Function Keys for a Personalized Workflow
The SpeechMike Premium Touch has freely configurable keys which are especially useful for programming speech recognition commands. The device can be personalized for any user and application.
Smart, Backwards Compatible Firmware for Extra Flexibility
Customers can upgrade from their previous SpeechMike model without installing additional software. For integrators, this means no changes need to be implemented and the existing SDK can be used. The SpeechMike Premium Touch is compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems, as well as virtual environments such as Citrix, VM Ware and Hyper-V. It can be configured using SpeechControl, the convenient Philips hardware management tool.
The Touch Sensor
The touch sensor is the most obvious difference of the SpeechMike Premium Touch compared to the SpeechMike Premium.
Robust and Dustproof
Since there are no mechanical parts involved the touch sensor cannot get stuck or stop working due to dust and dirt.
In opposite to standard trackball designs there is no need to disassemble the parts for cleaning which always poses the potential risk to lose parts or damage the whole trackball assembly.
Ergonomic and Convenient
Due to its flat design wiping with the thumb over the touch sensor is much more convenient compared to the trackball. Especially when using the left mouse click function the user can feel the difference compared to trackball.
Exact Positioning and Long Cursor Movements
Using the new touch sensor is very intuitive. Accurate positioning of the cursor can easily be done with slow thumb movements.
In opposite to a standard trackball the touch sensor enables long cursor movements when wiping quickly over the touch sensor. This is especially important for users working with several monitors – e.g. in radiology departments.
To perfectly fit to the user's personal preferences they can configure the cursor sensitivity via the SpeechControl software, the Remote Device Manager and with the SpeechMike SDK for integrated solutions.
The touch sensor can also be used as the left mouse button with following functions:
- Left Mouse Button: briefly press the touch sensor to click on an item.
- Pick and Drop: click on an item and keep the touch sensor pressed for one second. The item 'glued' to the cursor until you press the touch sensor again. This function can be used for moving items or sliders around.
- Volume Control: while playback is running press on the touch sensor for one second and then move the thumb up and down to change the playback volume. To disable the volume control press the touch sensor for one second again.
- Code 128
- Code 39
- Code 93
- Code 11
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- Discrete 2 of 5*
- Chinese 2 of 5*
- Matrix 2 of 5*
- Inverse 1D*
- MSI Code
- GS1 DataBar*
- SpeechMike Premium devices are primarily sold as integrator devices where the SpeechControl software is not required at all
- Less PCs include a CD/DVD drive, which makes it impossible to install the SpeechControl software from the CD
- The latest SpeechControl software can be downloaded from the SPS website
- The SpeechControl software includes an automatic update functions since version 3.4
- The description of the download link will be included in the quick start guide
The New Barcode Engine
The new barcode scanner engine is based on a CCD chip technology which is more robust and drop resistant in harsh environments, because no mechanical parts like little mirrors are involved anymore.
35 Barcode Types Instead of 30
The new engine supports more barcode's than the previous one for example:
* = New compared to SpeechMike Premium
Scanning From Monitors
From some customers we have got the request to be able to scan barcodes from monitors. With the SpeechMike Premium Touch this is now possible.
Scan Distance Up To 45 cm
With the new barcode scan engine users can scan from a distance up to 45 cm.
New Hardware Architecture and Secure Firmware Upgrades
The new touch sensor also required to change the hardware architecture of the SpeechMike Premium.
New Firmware (No Device Bricking)
The new hardware architecture required a new firmware that is not compatible with the current SpeechMike III and SpeechMike Premium range. Therefore we will provide different Firmware versions for SpeechMike III/Premium (Version 2.x) and SpeechMike Premium Touch (Version 3.x).
NOTE: If users try to upgrade the SpeechMike firmware with the wrong firmware version it will NOT HARM the SpeechMike.
State-Of-The-Art Firmware Upgrades
We now could realize state-of-the-art, boot loader based, firmware upgrades which are especially important for environments where remote firmware upgrades have to be done.
NOTE: The change of the firmware upgrade communication required that integrators have to update their SpeechMike integration to the latest SDK if they want to make use of the firmware upgrade option. ALL OTHER SDK INTERFACES REMAIN UNCHANGED.
Changeable Volume of SpeechMike Beeps
With the new architecture the volume of the SpeechMike beep can be changed with the playback volume settings of the operating system.
SpeechControl Software Not Included
- SpeechMike Premium Touch dictation microphone
- USB cable (connected to device)
- Microphone holder
- Quick start guide
- USB: highspeed USB 2.0
- Microphone type: electret condenser microphone
- Microphone capsule: 10 mm
- Characteristic: uni-directional
- Frequency response: 200 – 12 000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -37 dBV
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 70 dBA
- Speaker type: built-in round, dynamic speaker
- Speaker diameter: 30 mm
- Acoustic frequency response: 300 – 7500 Hz
- Speaker output power: > 200 mW
Barcode Scanner (SMP3800/3810)
- Compatible bar codes: EAN, UPC, Code 11 / 39 / 93 / 128, Codabar, MSI Code, Interleaved 2 of 5, Discrete 2 of 5, Chinese 2 of 5, Matrix 2 of 5, Inverse 1D, GS1 DataBar
- Laser class: class 1 laser product
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4, 1.0 GHz or equivalent processor
- RAM memory: 1 GB (2 GB recommended)
- Hard disk space: 250 MB hard-disk space for Microsoft.Net Framework, 30 MB for SpeechControl software
- Operating system: Windows 10 (64 bit), Windows 8/7 (32/64 bit), Mac OS X 10.11/10.10
- Free USB port
- Graphics card: DirectX-compliant graphics card with hardware acceleration recommended
- Compatible with Citrix and Windows Terminal Server environments
- Compliant to 2011/65/EU (RoHS)
- Lead-free soldered product
- Temperature: 41° – 113° F / 5° – 45° C
- Humidity: 10 % – 90 %
- Product dimensions (W × D × H): 1.8 × 6.9 × 1.25 in / 45 × 175 × 32 mm
- Weight: 7 oz / 200 g (including cable)
- Cable length: 8.2 ft / 2.5 m
Design and Finishing
- Material: housing made of high-class polymers with antimicrobial additive
- Color: dark grey pearl metallic
There are no reviews for this product. You could be the first to review!
Review Writing Guidelines
Share your opinion about products you've purchased with others. Write reviews and rate products on a scale from 1 to 5. It's easy and takes only a few minutes.
Focus on the product features and your experience with them. Provide details about why you like or dislike the product.
Things to Avoid:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for public forums
- Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other products, offers or Web sites
- Email addresses, URL's, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
- Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
Philips SpeechMike Premium Touch with Slide Switch and Barcode Scanner SMP3810
Best-in-class recording with Precision Microphone — SpeechMike Premium Touch is the latest innovation from Philips. It comes with a premium decoupled studio quality microphone, a built-in noise reduction filter, antimicrobial housing and a motion sensor for the clearest speech recordings and most accurate speech recognition results. The new touch sensor ensures easier navigation, saving you even more time.
In Stock$1,049.00 USD
- Shipping Weight:
- Type of Microphone:
- Dictation, Speech Recognition, Desktop
- Series Microphones:
- Philips SpeechMike Premium
- Barcode Scanner
- Supported OS:
- Windows, Macintosh
- Local Availability:
- United States
- 30–Day TranscriptionGear.Com Satisfaction Guarantee, 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty on Parts and Labor
- Usually Ships:
- Next Business Day
Shop with Confidence
Shopping with TranscriptionGear.Com is safe and secure, guaranteed.
All information is encrypted and transmitted without risk using a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.