Philips DPM8100 with GearXport Basic
With the new digital dictation recorder, Philips reshapes the world of professional dictation.
Every single detail has been considered and used to completely redesign the Pocket Memo. The materials and technical components used to craft this remarkable device were selected with the highest grade of precision and attention to detail, to ensure the absolute best product quality. One of the most powerful features is the breakthrough 3D Mic technology with its integrated motion sensor, which guarantees ultimate recording results in all situations.
Uniting the most powerful features that really matter to our users in one single ultra-mobile device required brilliant engineering, in-depth end-user insight and highest commitment. Only by delivering all this, can we proudly state that the all-new Pocket Memo is taking dictation to the next level.
The new Pocket Memo DPM8100 comes complete with GearXport Basic, a TranscriptionGear exclusive file offloading and configuration utility. With an in app purchase inside of GearXport Basic, you can easily enable a 2-way, 128 bit encryption protected channel to move your work to transcription via email, LAN or FTP.
Superior audio quality and stunning design
3D mic system for best audio quality
The breakthrough 3D Mic technology uses the built-in microphones to always deliver best recording results: an omnidirectional microphone offering 360 degree sound pick-up, ideal for the recording of multiple sound sources such as meetings, and a unidirectional microphone optimized for voice recording and accurate speech-recognition results.
The built-in motion sensor senses when the device is placed on the desk or held in the hand and selects the microphone accordingly to suit the recording situation. The motion sensor switches automatically into standby mode when the device is idle. Once the Pocket Memo is picked up again, it's ready to record within seconds.
Wear-free slide switch
The quick-response and ergonomic slide switch is designed for singlehanded operation of all recording and playback functions, allowing easy and quick file editing (insert, overwrite, append). It operates with a light sensor signal, making it wear-free and durable.
Robust and ergonomic design
The asymmetrical and ergonomic shape fits perfectly into your hand. Its slim and lightweight design maximizes comfort, even when working over longer periods of time. The brushed stainless steel creates a robust and highly durable protective shell around the device.
Enhance Your Productivity
Large, high-resolution color display
The large full-color display offers sharp images, making it easier to see everything at first glance. The clear user interface is optimized for easy, intuitive operation.
Many users still love their analog devices for their simplicity and user friendliness. The optional classic mode gives the user the look and feel of working with an analog device while retaining the advantages of digital technology and keep focused on the essentials.
Extended battery runtime
The high-capacity Li-ion battery can be easily charged through a standard micro USB jack. The integrated light and motion sensors guarantee extended battery life. The smart technology adjusts the brightness of the display and switches automatically into stand-by mode when the device is idle, ensuring that your recorder will always be ready to work when you are.
The stable and superior docking station provides speedy charging and automatic transfer of your recording to your computer. With an optional foot control connected, the docking station enables hands-free recording and transcription even without a computer.
Designed for Professionals
Remote Configuration & Maintenance
The Philips SpeechExec Remote Device Manager software* allows IT administrators to centrally manage, configure and update dictation hardware from Philips, saving valuable time and resources. Managing device settings for individuals, groups and teams or the whole organization is easily done remotely.
High Data Security
Recordings can be encrypted in real time using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES or Rijndael Algorithm) with a key length of 256 bits. AES provides a very high degree of security and has been approved in the USA for the most highly classified government information. The device itself can be assigned a PIN code to protect against unauthorized use or file playback.
Optional WLAN Adapter
Files can easily be uploaded without a PC straight to the network, simplifying and speeding up the dictation workflow. This way of working reduces total cost of IT ownership and maintenance, as well as allowing central administration. Through an administration software tool you can remotely configure several WLAN adapters.
** WLAN adapter (ACC8160)
- Philips DPM8000 Digital Pocket Memo
- SDHC memory card
- GearXport Basic File Offload and Configuration Utility
- Carrying case
- Li-ion battery pack
- USB Cable
- Docking station
- Quick Start Guide
Philips DPM8100 Technical Specifications
Due to Microsoft's decision to discontinue support for Windows XP (4/2014), TranscriptionGear.com can no longer offer support for our products under Windows XP due to the lack of the operating system's security updates.
- Headphones: 3.5 mm
- Microphone: 3.5 mm
- USB: micro USB 2.0
- Docking connector
- Memory card slot
- Type: color TFT
- Diagonal screen size: 2.4 in/6.1 cm
- Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
- Exchangeable memory card
- Memory card types: SD/SDHC (DPM8100, DPM8300), micro SD/SDHC (DPM8500), up to 32 GB
- Mass storage class compliant
- Data transfer speed: 6.75 MB/s read speed, 5.0 MB/s write speed
- Battery type: Philips rechargeable Li-ion battery ACC8100
- Battery capacity: 1000mAh
- Battery lifetime: up to 23 hours of recording (DSS Pro mode)
- Standby time: more than 200 days
- Charging time (full charge): 3 hours
- Real time file encryption
- Encryption standard: Advanced Encryption Standard (AES or Rijndael Algorithm) with 256 bits
- Device lock with pin code
- User identification via PIN code
- Number of supported user IDs: 40
- Recording format: DSS/DSS Pro (Digital Speech Standard), MP3, PCM
- Built-in microphones: 1 directional microphone, 1 microphone for 360 degree recording
- Recording modes: DSS QP (.ds2/mono), DSS SP (.dss/mono), MP3 (.mp3/stereo), PCM Voice (.wav/mono), PCM Stereo (.wav/stereo)
- Bit rate: 13.7 kbit/s (DSS SP), 28 kbit/s (DSS QP), 192 kbit/s (MP3), 353 kbit/s (PCM Voice), 705 kbit/s (PCM Stereo)
- Edit modes: insert (DSS/DSS Pro), overwrite (DSS/DSS Pro, MP3, PCM), append (DSS/DSS Pro, MP3, PCM)
- Recording time (4 GB memory card): 700 hours (SP), 350 hours (QP), 50 hours (MP3), 27 hours (PCM Voice), 13 hours (PCM Stereo)
- Sample rate: 44.1 kHz (MP3), 22.05 kHz (PCM), 16 kHz (DSS QP), 12 kHz (DSS SP)
- Speaker type: built-in round, dynamic speaker
- Speaker diameter: 28 mm
- Acoustic frequency response: 300 - 7500 Hz
- Speaker output power: > 200 mW
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4, 1.0 GHz or equivalent processor
- RAM memory: 1 GB (2 GB recommended)
- Hard disk space: 100 MB for SpeechExec software, 850 MB (32 bit)/2 GB (64 bit) for Microsoft .NET Framework (Windows)
- Operating system: Windows 10/8/7/Vista (32/64 bit)
- Free USB port
- DVD-ROM drive
- Graphics card: DirectX-compliant graphics card with hardware acceleration recommended (Windows)
- Compliant to 2002/95/EC (RoHS)
- Lead-free soldered product
- Temperature: 5° - 45° C / 41° - 113° F
- Humidity: 10% - 90%
- Product dimensions (WxDxH): 53x15x123 mm / 2.1x0.6x4.8 in
- Weight: 117 g / 4.1 oz including battery and memory card
|Local Availability||United States|
|Usually Ships||Next Business Day|
|Warranty||30–Day TranscriptionGear.Com Satisfaction Guarantee, 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty on Parts and Labor|
|Operation||4-Position Slide Switch|
|Insert / Overwrite||Yes|
|Speech Recognition Ready||No|
|Offload to PC||Yes|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
$499.991 reviews 1 ratings 1 5 5
$499.001 reviews 1 ratings 1 5 5