Philips PocketMemo Dictation and Speech Recognition Set PSE8000
Superior recording with 3D Mic technology
The PocketMemo voice recorder takes dictation to a new level. Breakthrough 3D Mic technology delivers best audio quality in any recording situation. Its robust yet lightweight stainless steel design offers perfect ergonomics for working over longer periods of time. Coupled with SpeechExec Pro software with integrated speech recognition going from voice to text has never been quicker.
3D Mic system for best audio quality and accurate speech-recognition results
The breakthrough 3D Mic technology uses the built-in microphones to always deliver best recording results: an omnidirectional microphone offering 360 degree sound pick-up, ideal for the recording of multiple sound sources such as meetings, and a unidirectional microphone optimized for voice recording and accurate speech-recognition results.
Built-in motion sensor for automatic microphone selection
The built-in motion sensor senses when the device is placed on the desk or held in the hand and selects the microphone accordingly to suit the recording situation. The motion sensor switches automatically into standby mode when the device is idle. Once the Pocket Memo is picked up again, it is ready to record within seconds.
Ergonomic slide switch for efficient single-handed operation
The quick-response and ergonomic slide switch is designed for singlehanded operation of all recording and playback functions, allowing easy and quick file editing (insert, overwrite, append). It operates with a light sensor signal, making it wear-free and durable.
Robust stainless steel casing for extra durability
The asymmetrical and ergonomic shape fits perfectly into your hand. Its slim and lightweight design maximizes comfort, even when working over longer periods of time. The brushed stainless steel creates a robust and highly durable protective shell around the device.
Integrated speech recognition for turning voice to text immediately
The SpeechExec Pro software organizes the workflow of dictation files and resulting documents between author and transcriptionist, and allows you to monitor the status of your work. It comes with integrated Dragon speech recognition software that allows authors to turn speech into text immediately.
Large color display and clear user interface for easy, intuitive operation
The large full-color display offers sharp images, making it easier to see everything at first glance. The clear user interface is optimized for easy, intuitive operation.
Docking station for fast battery charging and hands-free recording
The stable and superior docking station provides speedy charging and automatic transfer of your recording to your computer. With an optional foot control connected, the docking station enables hands-free recording and transcription even without a computer.
Light and motion sensors for extended battery life
The high-capacity Li-ion battery can be easily charged through a standard micro USB jack. The integrated light and motion sensors guarantee extended battery life. The smart technology adjusts the brightness of the display and switches automatically into stand-by mode when the device is idle, ensuring that your recorder will always be ready to work when you are.
File encryption and device PIN lock for high data security
Recordings can be encrypted in real time using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES or Rijndael Algorithm) with a key length of 256 bits. AES provides a very high degree of security and has been approved in the USA for the most highly classified government information. The device itself can be assigned a PIN code to protect against unauthorized use or file playback.
Remote management support for time-saving deployment and maintenance
The Philips SpeechExec Remote Device Manager software allows IT administrators to centrally manage, configure and update dictation hardware from Philips, saving valuable time and resources. Managing device settings for individuals, groups and teams or the whole organization is easily done remotely.
Classic mode for clear and easy-to-use operation
Many users still love their analog devices for their simplicity and userfriendliness. The optional classic mode gives the user the look and feel of working with an analog device while retaining the advantages of digital technology and keep focused on the essentials.
What′s new in SpeechExec Pro 10.0
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking 14 and 15 speech recognition software is supported. For more information, see Technical Specs.
- The content of the Recognition and Adaptation page in General Settings has been reorganized. You can find the Dragon NaturallySpeaking adaptation settings on the Adaptation page, while the Dragon NaturallySpeaking recognition settings are on the Offline recognition page.
- The Philips SpeechExec Speech Recognition Recorder has been enhanced with the following new features:
- Assign priority to your dictations
- Change the font color of your dictations
- Double-click on a word to correct its spelling (to enable this option click here)
- Add new and browse your existing Dragon commands in the recorder window
- Change the Dragon NaturallySpeaking options directly from the recorder window
- The Quick Commands panel on the left side of the recorder window lets you see the most commonly used voice commands
- You can manage the vocabularies of your selected Dragon profile on the Vocabulary page in General Settings.
- You can define the number of words to rewind when you restart playback in the Correction Editor. For more information, see Correction settings
- In the New User Wizard, you can select your Dragon profile as your SpeechExec user name. For more information, see User Name
- A SpeechLive settings page has been added to the New User Wizard where you can set up your SpeechLive account. For more information, see SpeechLive settings
- Ability to perform a ′silent install′
- Pocket Memo voice recorder
- Docking station
- Memory card
- Rechargeable battery
- USB cable
- SpeechExec Pro dictation and speech recognition software
- User manual
PHILIPS DPM8000 POCKET MEMO DIGITAL VOICE RECORDER
Due to Microsoft's decision to discontinue support for Windows XP (4/2014), TranscriptionGear.com can no longer offer support for our products under Windows XP due to the lack of the operating system's security updates
- Headphones: 3.5 mm
- Microphone: 3.5 mm
- USB: micro USB 2.0
- Docking connector
- Memory card slot
- Type: color TFT
- Diagonal screen size: 2.4 in / 6.1 cm
- Resolution: 320 × 240 pixels
- Exchangeable memory card
- Memory card types: SD/SDHC (DPM8000, DPM8200), micro SD/SDHC (DPM8500), up to 32 GB
- Mass storage class compliant
- Data transfer speed: 6.75 MB/s read speed, 5.0 MB/s write speed
- Recording format: DSS/DSS Pro (Digital Speech Standard), MP3, PCM
- Built-in microphones: 1 directional microphone, 1 microphone for 360 degree recording
- Recording modes: DSS QP (.ds2/mono), DSS SP (.dss/mono), MP3 (.mp3/stereo), PCM Voice (.wav/mono), PCM Stereo (.wav/stereo)
- Bit rate: 13.7 kbit/s (DSS SP), 28 kbit/s (DSS QP), 192 kbit/s (MP3), 353 kbit/s (PCM Voice), 705 kbit/s (PCM Stereo)
- Edit modes: insert (DSS/DSS Pro), overwrite (DSS/DSS Pro, MP3, PCM), append (DSS/DSS Pro, MP3, PCM)
- Recording time (4 GB memory card): 700 hours (SP), 350 hours (QP), 50 hours (MP3), 27 hours (PCM Voice), 13 hours (PCM Stereo)
- Sample rate: 44.1 kHz (MP3), 22.05 kHz (PCM), 16 kHz (DSS QP), 12 kHz (DSS SP)
- Speaker type: built-in round, dynamic speaker
- Speaker diameter: 28 mm
- Acoustic frequency responses: 300 - 7500 Hz
- Speaker output power: ≻ 200 mW
- Battery type: Philips rechargeable Li-ion battery ACC8100
- Battery capacity: 1000mAh
- Battery lifetime: up to 30 hours of recording (DSS Pro mode)
- Standby time: more than 200 days
- Charging time (full charge): 3 hours
- Real time file encryption
- Encryption standard: Advanced Encryption Standard (AES or Rijndael Algorithm) with 256 bits
- Device lock with pin code
- User identification via PIN code
- Number of supported user IDs: 40
- MIL-STD-810G 516.6 certified for shock resistance
- Compliant to 2011/65/EU (RoHS)
- Lead-free soldered product
- Temperature: 41° - 113° F / 5° - 45° C
- Humidity: 10 % - 90 %, noncondensing
- Product dimensions (W × D × H): 2.1" × 4.8" × 0.6" / 52 mm × 123 mm × 15 mm
- Weight: 4.1 oz / 117 g including battery and memory card
MANDATORY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR PHILIPS SPEECHEXEC PRO DICTATE SOFTWARE TO FUNCTION PROPERLY
- Processor: Intel dual core or equivalent AMD processor, 1 GHz or faster processor
- RAM: 2 GB (32 bit)/4 GB (64 bit)
- Free hard-disk space: 100 MB for SpeechExec software installation, & 4.5 GB for Microsoft .NET Framework
- Operating system: WWindows 10 (64 bit), Windows 8.1/7 (32/64 bit), Windows Server 2012 (64 bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (32/64 bit)
- Graphics: DirectX-compliant graphics card with hardware acceleration recommended
- Screen resolution: Minimum desktop screen resolution: 1024 × 768 px & Maximum desktop screen resolution: 3200 × 1800 px with a maximum display text-size of 150%
- Sound: Windows-compatible sound device
- Browser: Internet Explorer 9 or higher, or the current version of Chrome or Firefox
- Free USB port
- Internet connection for required software activation
NOTE: HOME version of any Windows OS is NOT supported
SPEECHEXEC SUPPORTS THE FOLLOWING WINDOWS VERSIONS:
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
ADDITIONAL SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR SPEECH RECOGNITION SOFTWARE
- Supported speech recognition software: Nuance Dragon Professional 12.5/13/14/15 Individual/Group, Nuance Dragon Legal 12.5/13/14/15, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2/3, Nuance Dragon SDK Client Edition 14
- Processor: Intel dual core or equivalent AMD processor, 2.2 GHz or faster processor
- RAM: 4 GB (32 bit)/8 GB (64 bit)
- Hard-disk space: 8 GB
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64 bit), Windows 8.1/7 (32/64 bit), Windows Server 2012 (64 bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (32/64 bit)
- Starting with Windows 8, only Enterprise and Professional editions are supported. Other Windows editions (for example, Windows 8.1 Home Basic and Home Premium) are not supported.
- It is recommended to have the latest available Service Pack installed on the operating system.
- SpeechExec will not operate on Windows systems, which do not have Windows Media Player installed ("N" and "KN" versions). In this case, Windows Media Player has to be installed manually before SpeechExec installation.
- Under Windows 7, to make roaming profile setting modifications or to change the Dragon NaturallySpeaking user profile setting from local to roaming and from roaming to local, administrator account is needed.
SpeechExec also requires that Microsoft .NET 4.6.1 Framework be installed. If the operating system does not have it, it will be installed automatically during SpeechExec installation. For the automatic installation of Microsoft .NET 4.6.1 Framework, start the SpeechExec installation by launching the setup.exe. Depending on the PC, installing Microsoft .NET 4.6.1 Framework may take some time.
The Speech recognition features (online and offline) require Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional 12.5/13, Dragon Legal 12.5 or Dragon Medical 12.5 to be installed on the computer. Dragon Home, Dragon Premium and their predecessor products are not supported with SpeechExec.
Speech recognition is supported with Dragon NaturallySpeaking, using the following Dragon editions:
- Dragon Professional 12.5 and 13
- Dragon Professional 14 Individual
- Dragon Professional 15 Individual
- Dragon Professional 14 Group
- Dragon Client SDK
- Dragon Legal 12.5 and 13
- Dragon Legal Individual 14
- Dragon Legal Group 14
- Dragon Legal Individual 15
- Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 (=Dragon Medical 12)
- Dragon Medical Practice Edition 3 (=Dragon Medical 13)
NOTE: Dragon Home, Dragon Premium and their predecessor products are not supported with SpeechExec
Upgrading to SpeechExec Pro Dictate 10.0 is not supported
WINDOWS 10 INFORMATION
Microsoft has released the final version of Windows 10 on July 29th 2015.
If it is absolutely necessary to upgrade to Windows 10 please make sure you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit or Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit version only.
The 32-bit version of Windows is not supported
In case of an upgrade from an earlier Windows version to Windows 10 with installed SpeechExec Pro software please proceed as follows:
- Revoke all SpeechExec license from
- SpeechExec Help menu > License information
- SpeechExecLogTool.exe you find here C:\Program Files (x86)\Philips Speech\SpeechExec Pro Dictate
- Uninstall the current SpeechExec version (user settings will be kept)
- Uninstall all SQL components belonging to SpeechExec Pro
- Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro or above (Home edition is not supported)
- Install the latest SpeechExec version
In case you are using speech recognition please check if the used Dragon version is compatible with Windows 10! More information on Dragon and Windows 10 compatibility can be found on the Nuance website
SUPPORTED DEVICES IN ONLINE & OFFLINE RECOGNITION
- DPM8000 Series
- SMP3700/3800 Series
- LFH3500/3600 Series
- LFH3200/3300 Series
|Local Availability||United States|
|Usually Ships||Next Business Day|
|Warranty||30–Day TranscriptionGear.Com Satisfaction Guarantee, 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty on Parts and Labor|
|Operation||4-Position Slide Switch|
|Insert / Overwrite||Yes|
|Speech Recognition Ready||Yes|
|Offload to PC||Yes|