- Home /
- Philips SpeechAir Smart Voice Recorder - 2nd Generation
More time to get things done
The SpeechAir smart voice recorder saves you time and resources by allowing you to work more flexibly than ever before. Whether you are a doctor, lawyer or an architect, the Philips SpeechAir helps you make the most out of your valuable time. The integrated Wi-Fi function and three dedicated microphones let you record and share your files from anywhere and anytime. Recordings can be encrypted in real time for maximum data security. The shockproof gorilla glass and antimicrobial surface makes the device perfectly suited for any environment.
How does it work
The Philips SpeechAir fits perfectly into your daily workflow. Record your voice from your office or on the road and securely send it off for transcription. You can send your recordings to your assistant or use the Philips SpeechLive transcription service, where trained professionals will quickly type up your documents for you. You can also use speech recognition for almost instant transcription results.
Ultimate recording quality
Three professional microphones deliver ultimate sound quality in any recording situation. The 360° microphone is ideal for recording dictations and meetings. For noisy environments, such as when dictating in a shared location or on the go, the directional microphone is best suited. It filters out background noise and records your voice perfectly for excellent playback as well as speech recognition results. You can even record clear VoIP calls with a third, dedicated microphone.
Always stay connected
Wi-Fi, LAN, USB and Bluetooth
Save time by transferring your finished recordings wirelessly to your transcription staff and directly accessing data in your system. No need to wait until you are back in your office to transfer your recordings. Use Wi-Fi for VoIP calls and accessing your emails and calendar. Add flexibility by connecting a Bluetooth headset or speakers.
Maximum file security
Protect your recordings with up to triple encryption
Safeguarding confidential patient or client information is paramount. This is why SpeechAir recordings are encrypted in real time using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256bit. The AES has been approved for the most highly classified government information. A PIN code protects the device itself against unauthorized use. Features such as the camera can be locked and Wi-Fi networks restricted for employees.
Perfectly protected device
Gorilla glass and anti-microbial housing
Gorilla glass makes the device scratch and shock resistant. The housing is made of antimicrobial synthetics. These materials work against bacteria and various microorganisms to ensure hygienic working. The device is shockproof according to US military standard 516.6.
Camera and barcode scanner
Attach photos to your recordings
The camera allows you to conveniently attach supporting photos to your dictations. When inspecting insurance claims or real estate for instance, you no longer need to carry an additional camera along with you. All your documents can be sent off immediately, no need to wait until you are back in the office. The SpeechAir camera also comes with an integrated barcode scanner. This enables you to instantly link client data to a recording just by scanning a QR- or barcode.
Wear-free slide switch
Outstanding ergonomics for prolonged use
The ergonomic and wear-free slide switch is designed for efficient single-handed operation without having to look down at the device. It allows for quick and easy file operation (play, pause, stop, fast forward, fast rewind). A customizable function key above the slider gives quick access to the app.
Instant file transfer and quick charging
The included superior docking station automatically transfers all your recordings to your computer and quickly re-charges your device. The LAN connection allows you to transfer your files directly from the station without having to use a computer. The dock comes with a Kensington lock. This antitheft system guarantees a peace of mind when leaving the dock unattended in offices.
Philips dictation recorder app
Professional dictation features for increased efficiency
The integrated recorder app comes with professional dictation features such as editing modes, priority, EOL flag, enhanced data and dictation list as well as sending options (to network folder, Philips SpeechLive services or email recipients). The Dictation Mode enables you to use your device for dictation only. Functions and keys irrelevant for dictating are disabled allowing you to focus on your core task.
Power saving feature
The power saving feature enables you to save battery power by setting a time interval for your SpeechAir to automatically turn off when you are not using it.
The Hardware SDK allows you to integrate your device into your own workflow solution, for example connect your SpeechAir to your hospital information system (HIS) to access patient data directly. Remotely configure the device in real time and lock the settings for advanced security.
Optional remote administration using Philips Remote Device Management software allows IT administrators to manage, configure and update dictation hardware centrally, saving valuable time and resources.
For an even more efficient dictation workflow you can take advantage of the Philips SpeechExec Pro Dictate workflow software (PSP1200) or use the optional cloud workflow services by signing up on Philips SpeechLive. These services include online speech recognition and transcription, by trained professionals.
Software development kit
The software development kit (SDK) allows you to customize your existing app to use the different microphones, speakers, slide switch, smart button, microphone sensitivity and LED.
- SpeechAir Smart Voice Recorder
- Docking station
- In-ear headphones
- 2 USB cables
- Power supply with international adapters: US, UK, Europe, Asia Pacific
- Quick start guide
Due to Microsoft's decision to discontinue support for Windows Vista (4/2017) and Windows XP (4/2014), TranscriptionGear.com can no longer offer support for our products under Windows Vista and Windows XP due to the lack of the operating system's security updates.
- Slide switch type: International slide switch (record/stop/play/rewind)
- CPU: Quad Core Cortex-A17 1.8 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB LPDDR3
- Internal memory: 16 GB (12 GB available)
- Sensors: light sensor, motion sensor, optical proximity sensor
- Vibration module
- Customizable function button
- Product dimensions (W × D × H): 62 × 127 × 15 mm / 2.4 × 5.0 × 0.6 inches
- Weight: 160 g / 5.6 oz
- Headphones: 3.5 mm / 1.4 inches
- Microphone: 3.5 mm / 1.4 inches
- USB: micro USB 2.0
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- Docking station connector
- Type: IPS with 16 million colors
- Screen type: scratch resistant Gorilla glass touch screen
- Diagonal screen size: 10.16 cm / 4 inches
- Resolution: 480 × 800 pixels
Audio (supported by operating system)
- Recording format: AMR, ACC
- Playback format: MPEG (MP1, MP2, MP3), WMA, WAV, APE, OGG (OGG, OGA), FLAC, AAC (AAC, M4A)
- Directional microphone: for speech recognition
- 360° microphone: for meetings and dictation
- MEMS microphone: for VoIP telephony
Philips Dictation Recorder App
- Recording modes: DSS Pro (DS2/mono), PCM Voice (WAV/mono)
- Bit rate: 28 kbit/s (DSS Pro), 256 kbit/s (PCM Voice)
- Edit modes: insert, overwrite, append
- Recording time: 1073 hours (DS2), 117 hours (WAV)
- Sample rate: 16 kHz / 16 bit
- Supported barcodes: Code 39, Code 93, Codabar, Code128, Code 25, Code 11, MSI-Plessey, EAN, UPC, QR code, Data Matrix
- Speaker type: built-in rectangular dynamic speaker
- Dimensions front speaker: 6 × 12 mm / 0.2 × 0.5 inches
- Dimensions rear speaker: 11 × 15 mm / 0.4 × 0.6 inches
- Resolution: 8 Megapixels
- Image formats (supported by operating system): JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG
- Video recording formats (supported by operating system): H.264 / AVC (MOV, 3GP) up to 1920 × 1088 pixels (30fps)
- Video playback formats (supported by operating system): MPEG-1/2 (DAT, MPG, VOB, TS) up to 1920 × 1088 pixels (30 fps), MPEG4 (AVI, MKV, MP4, MOV, 3GP) up to 1920 × 1088 pixels (30 fps), DIVX (AVI, MKV, MP4, MOV, 3GP) up to 1920 × 1088 pixels (30 fps), Real Media (RM, RMVB) up to 1920 × 1088 pixels (30 fps), H.264 (AVI, MKV, MP4, MOV, 3GP, TS, FLV) up to 1920 × 1088 pixels (30 fps), MVC H.264 (AVI, MOV) up to 1920 × 1088 pixels (60 fps), VP8 (WEBM) up to 1920 × 1088 pixels (30 fps), VC-1 (WMV, ASF, TS, MKV, AVI) up to 1920 × 1088 pixels (30 fps), H.263 (3GP, MOV, MP4) up to 704 × 576 pixels (30 fps), Sorensen Spark (FLV) up to 1920 × 1088 pixels (30 fps), ON2 VP6 (AVI, FLV) up to 1920 × 1088 pixels (30 fps), JPEG (AVI, MOV) up to 1920 × 1088 pixels (30 fps)
- Battery type: built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Battery capacity: 3000 mAh
- Battery lifetime: up to 20 hours of recording (DSS Pro mode) and up to 22 hours (PCM mode), can vary depending on use case
- Standby time: up to 160 hours
- Charging time (full charge): approx. 3 hours
- Product dimensions (W × D × H): 82 × 77 × 56 mm / 3.2 × 3.0 × 2.2 inches
- Weight: 264 g / 9.3 oz
- LAN connection
- Kensington lock
- Removable magnetic inlay for use with case
- Compliant to 2011/65/EU (RoHS)
- Temperature: -5° – 45° C / 23° – 113° F
- Humidity: 10 % – 90 %, noncondensing
- Real-time file encryption
- Encryption standard (Philips dictation recorder app): Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256 bits
- Device lock with PIN code, password or pattern
- Configurable security settings with Software Development Kit (SDK) or configuration software
- Lockable settings
Additional system requirements for speech recognition software
- Supported speech recognition software: Nuance Dragon Professional 12.5/13, Nuance Dragon Legal 12.5/13, Nuance Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2/3, Nuance Dragon Professional Individual/Group 14, Nuance Dragon Legal Individual/Group 14, Nuance Dragon Professional Individual/Group 15, Nuance Dragon Legal Individual/Group 15, Nuance Dragon SDK Client Edition 14
- Processor: Intel dual core or equivalent AMD processor, 2.2 GHz or faster processor
- RAM: 4 GB (32 bit)/8 GB (64 bit)
- Hard-disk space: 8 GB
- Operating system: Windows 10 (64 bit), Windows 8.1/7 (32/64 bit), Windows Server 2012 (64 bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (32/64 bit)
|Local Availability||United States|
|Usually Ships||2 - 3 Business Days|
|Warranty||30–Day TranscriptionGear.Com Satisfaction Guarantee, 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty on Parts and Labor|
|Operation||4-Position Slide Switch|
|Insert / Overwrite||Yes|
|Speech Recognition Ready||Yes|
|Supported OS||OS Independent|
|Offload to PC||Yes|