Out-of-the-box affordability. Out-of-the-ordinary performance.
Quickly and easily create high-quality clinical documentation at the point of care with Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4.
Cutting-edge technology brings efficiency to the clinic environment
Powered by a next generation speech engine, Nuance® Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 4 achieves 99% accuracy out of the box without voice profile training. Physicians and other health care providers navigate and dictate medical decision-making and treatment plans directly into a patient's electronic record and spend less time typing or clicking in the EHR. Available for independent practices of 24 or fewer physicians, Dragon Medical Practice Edition is a locally-installed solution designed and priced especially for smaller practices that want to transform the documentation process.
Superior speech recognition, amplified for medical use
Distinct from nonmedical speech recognition, Dragon Medical Practice Edition combines 90 medical specialty and subspecialty vocabularies with acoustic models based on the unique way physicians speak – audio, syntax, style and structure – resulting in remarkable accuracy. Advanced Deep Learning technology constantly learns and adapts to voice and environmental variations – even during dictation – to refine performance. Dictate for real-time speech to text or transcribe audio recordings to create clinical documentation.
Simple setup, easy-to-use functions, dependable performance
In as little as 60 seconds, users gain access to uninterrupted, high-quality speech recognition even where reliable internet is not widely available – all with no profile training, and with dynamic microphone adjustment. Options and settings are consolidated into one easy-to-use dialog box for easy management of profile and auto-formatting options. A movable DragonBar provides easy access to popular features and automatically collapses when not in use. Customized macros for frequently dictated text can be created with a single voice command.
Optimized for portable touchscreens
Along with high performance on modern desktop and laptop Windows computers, Dragon Medical Practice Edition delivers documentation productivity on the go through compatibility with Windows 10 touchscreen devices. Hybrid touch and keyboard interaction work seamlessly for controlling the DragonBar and other features.
Dictate within applications and EHR textbox fields, or use the Dragon dictation box to compose content – insert auto-texts, navigate template fields, dictate and edit – and transfer text with a simple voice command. Use voice to interact with websites and web-based applications.
Reliable security and unwavering availability
Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports HIPAA requirements for patient security and confidentiality by employing secure encryption methods throughout the workflow.
Enhanced in-app help
Dragon Medical provides relevant, helpful tips during use, as well as easy access to popular help searches and topics. Accelerate proficiency and make the most of all available functionality.
Medical focus delivers unparalleled accuracy
Refined for medical dictation and distinct from nonmedical Dragon offerings, Dragon Medical Practice Edition is biased to a medical context for superior performance. More than 500,000 physicians worldwide use Dragon Medical solutions to document clinical records and dictate correspondence, making it the most widely trusted speech recognition solution for physicians.
Clinicians dictate in their own words anywhere in the EHR – faster and more accurately than ever before.
- Boost documentation efficiency for more time with patients. Quick and accurate performance allows clinicians to create text up to 5x faster than typing, improving EHR usability. Use voice to navigate, dictate and edit content inside EHR fields for increased productivity.
- Improve documentation quality to better inform care teams and administrative staff. More complete and accurate documentation not only provides richer patient details to the care team, but also ensures appropriate reimbursement for the care delivered.
- Save money, speed up turnaround time, grow revenue. When clinicians create and self-edit their own documentation, data is available immediately and costs associated with transcriptionists are eliminated. When clinicians have time to see more patients, practice profitability can grow.
- Medical vocabularies and acoustic models tuned for the way clinicians speak. Includes vocabularies for over 90 medical specialty and subspecialties.
- Regional accent support. Advanced adaptation techniques and accent-specific acoustic models ensures high speech recognition accuracy.
- Simplified interaction with EHRs. Eliminate navigation back to EHR screens with a hidden dictation box.
- Dragon Medical template library. Includes a full library of AutoTexts for standard notes and "medical normals" by body system.
- Smart configuration. Automatically detects hardware resources and determines the best use of infrastructure for optimal performance.
- No internet connection required. Locally-installed speech recognition ensures uninterrupted access.
- Recognition analytics. Automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user with advice to remedy the situation and ensure high-accuracy results.
Cutting-edge speech technology delivers superior performance.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 empowers clinicians to complete documentation more efficiently than ever before.
The new release of Nuance's industry-leading clinical speech recognition is one of the fastest and smartest ways for busy clinicians to document care.
More accurate than ever
Powered by the latest in speech recognition technology, Nuance® Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 4 achieves 99% accuracy out of the box without voice profile training – significantly outperforming previous versions. Distinct from non-medical speech recognition, Dragon Medical Practice Edition combines 90 medical specialty and subspecialty vocabularies with acoustic models based on the unique way physicians speak – audio, syntax, style, and structure – resulting in remarkable accuracy. Advanced Deep Learning technology continuously learns and adapts to voice and environmental variations – even during dictation – endlessly refining performance.
Upgrade existing voice profile settings and begin using the new and improved locally-installed speech engine in as little as 60 seconds. Options and settings are consolidated into one easy-to-use dialog box for easier management of profile and auto-formatting options.
Superior transcription of recorded speech
Transcribe audio recordings in fewer steps with increased accuracy.
Along with generating narrative content within applications and EHR textbox fields, clinicians can use voice to interact with websites and select web-based applications.
Optimized for portable touchscreens
Touch and keyboard interactions work seamlessly on highly mobile Windows 10 touchscreen devices. Open and interact with the DragonBar by touch.
Newly designed DragonBar
Designed for enhanced usability, the new DragonBar provides easy access to popular features. When not in use, the DragonBar automatically collapses, freeing screen space.
Improved help and analytics
Dragon Medical provides relevant, helpful tips during use, as well as easy access to popular help searches and topics. Accelerate proficiency and discover advanced features.
- Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 DVD
What are the recommended system requirements?
- CPU: Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance.
- Free hard disk space: 4 GB
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB RAM
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or higher, or the current version of Chrome.
- DVD-ROM drive required for installation.
What operating systems are supported?
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2
What applications are supported?
- Microsoft® Word 2010, 2013, 2016
- Microsoft® Outlook® 2010, 2013, 2016
- Microsoft® Excel® 2010, 2013, 2016
- Internet Explorer 11
Dragon® Medical Practice Edition contains medical vocabularies covering more than 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. It is important that you select the correct vocabulary. Using a specialized medical vocabulary that covers the cases you see in your medical practice will offer you the highest recognition and productivity gains. Selecting a non-medical vocabulary or the medical vocabulary of a different specialty can have a significant impact on your recognition accuracy.
Overview of the covered specialties and subspecialties.
General: Non-medical vocabulary for dictating emails, letters, etc.
Medical: A broad, non-specific medical vocabulary covering a wide range of medical specialties. Select this model if no other choice is applicable to you.
- Allergy and Immunology
- Pain Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Interventional Cardiology
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
Internal Medicine subspecialties:
- EMG Examinations
- Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism
- Geriatric Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Microbiology
- Medical Toxicology
- Pulmonary Disease
- Neurodevelopmental Disabilities
- Neuromuscular Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Obstetrics and Gynecology subspecialties:
- Fetal Medicine
Orthopedic Surgery subspecialties:
- Hand Surgery
- Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Pediatric Pathology
- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Pediatric Rheumatology
- Pediatric Transplant Hepatology
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Plastic Surgery
- Addiction Psychiatry
- Radiation Therapy
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Bariatric Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Oral and Facial Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Transplant Hepatology
- Vascular Surgery
- Behavioral Health
- Blood Bank and Transfusion Medicine
- Case Management
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Medical Education and Writing
- Neonatal and Perinatal Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
- Social Worker
- Speech and Language Pathology
- Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
- Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Sleep Lab
|Usually Ships||Next Business Day|
|Local Availability||United States|
|Warranty||Software - Replacement Only, Open Software Non-Returnable|
|Software Category||Speech Recognition|